Friday 10 April 2015

BEDA Day Twelve! The Ego's Greatest Lie - Part 2! :D

Hey guys! I hope that you're as well as can be!

So today we continue through the wonder that is my favourite video at this moment in time which is from Matt. You can check it out by looking at my previous blog post and following the links as I'm afraid I don't have linking capacity at the moment! Also perhaps read that first because I'm going through it chronologically so it'll make more sense if you start from there!

Now, onwards!

The ego loves to separate, as we Discussed before but the main problem we also face is the fact that we end up being separated from the world despite the fact we're intrinsically part of it. Madness. Jim Carrey makes the point in his commencement speech that our need to fit in in today's society makes our true selves practically invisible.We live a lot for building up this image of ourselves to show the world but in doing so neglect our true selves which is linked yo everything and has nothing to prove. It has no need to separate, it has no need to label because it simply accepts everything in the world because it's connected to it all.

Salvation isn't something to look for because it's something that you have within yourself and with that comes a joy with no opposite. Things around you can bring out the joy and increase it but it doesn't ever deplete inside you.

The joy comes from knowing that you don't have to resist the world and be afraid anymore. It comes from living in the possibility that everything is connected and everything is peaceful and joyful and full of energy. You don't need to struggle to survive and you don't need to be remembered because you're already valuable - you don't need to prove yourself to anyone.

You step outside the ego and into the present moment with your mind and soul and all is well.
I hope that you guys are enjoying these awesome ideas as much ad I am! Feel free to tell me what you think as well as Matt! I shall continue  In two days time but in the mean time, have a lovely weekend and I'll see you tomorrow on my side Tumblr blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment