Saturday 5 July 2014

YouTube, Forums, Friends

Hey guys!

I just wanted to talk about another amazing upside to being a fan of YouTube.

My first YouTuber, Damon Fizzy has a forum website and I found that becoming a part of it really gave me a lot of confidence in feeling good about how I talked to people and how I could actually help people despite the fact I'd never gone through much myself. I've been rather lucky I think in that regard, I've just been so lucky and I've felt that I've been giving back to the world through helping other people.

I've also made a couple of good friends over forums and I wanted to say, it's not wrong to make friends over the internet at all, just be careful aha, just don't underestimate those friendships either!

It has made me wonder if they're as genuine in real life though, as in if I met my internet friends in real life, would we have become as good friends? I genuinely don't feel like I'm as socially apt in real life and having the safety of a screen and keyboard and time between yourself and your friends means that you can really choose exactly how you want to respond. It makes you wonder how different you actually are to your accidentally created internet persona.

I also love the JacksGap website because of the fact the twins and some of their close friends share such awesome things and honestly, I wouldn't have heard as much about things if it hadn't been for them. They really took forum to another level and if you ever want to read about something interesting, do take a look here. It's just awesome, so many things that you might want to see, all in one place. Their posts are varied and eye-opening as well as completely and utterly just awesome.


I hope that you guys liked this post! The point I wanted to make was the fact that forum websites are awesome for a host of different reasons and you can both make a difference to other people as well as be affected yourself :)

I'll speak to you guys soon :D

No comments:

Post a Comment