Monday 28 July 2014

A Couple of Videos that Made Sense

Hey guys, Good Morning and I hope that you're all well and ready for a new week!

I watched two videos by one of my favourite deep talkers on the interwebs, Carrie Hope Fletcher, whose YouTube Channel 'ItsWayPastMyBedTime' is linked here. I find that she talks about topics that really make sense and little, and even big, revelations that she faces within herself on a daily basis.

Her last two videos really hit home for me. The first video was entitled 'Where Do I Stand With You?' and the second was called 'Use Your Words'.

In the first video she talks about how it can be hard when you're in any relationship of sorts and it feels like something has shifted and something fundamental has changed. She talks about how you often feel inclined to ask the other person, 'Where Do I Stand With You?' but then she explores the fact that where you're standing in relation to the other person shouldn't have to be dictated by them because they can't tell exactly how you feel about them and your relationship. The point she made was that you should quite happily tell them where you stand and then at least you're not questioning where you stand with them because that's already sorted and you don't have to worry about that anymore because it's in your hands and not theirs. This can really help you because it gives you one less thing to worry about and you can feel more secure knowing that decision was yours and not theirs because they shouldn't be able to dictate the way you should feel.

This led on nicely to her next video where she talked about (surprise, surprise) using your words. This was, in essence, what it would be nice to get in response to a shift or a change in a relationship. She was talking about how, for example, if you've become romantically involved with someone but then you realise you don't want to have that relationship with them anymore, then you should use your words and tell them. I think this was a very, very valid point in any relationship that goes through a shift because I've had that happen to me before with one of my best friends and to this day, I don't know what happened and why our relationship shifted. I don't know if I did something wrong (which was what it felt like I'd done) - all I know is that she didn't want to be friends anymore. And at the time and to some extent still today, it hurt a lot to feel like you're not even worth an explanation; no-one should have to feel that way.

So, the moral of this post is, if you feel a shift in a relationship, don't let the other person dictate where you stand and how you feel about the other person. If you haven't changed the way you feel about the other person then make sure they know that. If you are the other person then make sure you talk to the person you're in a relationship with and let them know why the shift has happened and where you stand too. COMMUNICATION IS ALWAYS KEY!

I hope that you guys enjoyed this post! As always, leave your thoughts in the comments below and I'll speak to you soon! Ahh, also, I've had Bloglovin' for donkey's years and I don't know if you guys have too but the link to this blog on Bloglovin' is here and if you use it too, add this blog so you can be updated every time I post!

Have a great one and I'll speak to you guys soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment