Saturday 26 July 2014

Getting Up When You've Fallen Down

The title of this post pretty much sums up what I wanted to talk about today aha, today should be a shorter post.

I don't know how many of you guys watch YouTubers at all or are even fans of the people I watch too but one of the people I always watch without fail everyday is FunForLouis because he travels so much that he's completely and utterly inspiring. A few weeks ago, him and a few of his friends Ben Brown, Steve Booker and a few others filmed around London for Ben's new Visual Vibes video which was absolutely awesome and you can check out here. After they had finished filming, Louis and Steve decided that they wanted to skate down Primrose Hill where they filmed the last shot. What ended up happening was, they ended up going at crazy speeds on their penny boards, around 40mph and Louis couldn't keep control and ended up scraping off a lot of skin. For you guys that are squeamish, I won't include a picture of his injuries but it did end up with him in A&E at 2am.

What I admire is the fact that even after that absolutely terrible accident, Louis forced himself to regain his confidence going downhill on his penny and that's something I want to implement in my life too. I got a penny imitation last summer and the first time I properly rode my board was on the path in my front garden. I was making a good amount of progress for about half an hour until somehow, I found myself on the floor and my left ankle was hurting so badly. For the next week or so my ankle puffed up around double its normal size, went bright green and was just so scary. It didn't feel too bad after a few days of having it up with an ice pack but just looking at it made it feel more painful than it actually was.

Point being, both me and Louis have had our worst accidents on our boards and I want to take a leaf out of his book and keep trying because atm, I'm struggling to even get the basics.

I hope that you guys enjoyed this post! As always, empty your thoughts in the comments below and I'll speak to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment