Saturday 12 July 2014

The Past, The Present, The Future, The Now.

Hey guys!

I've just watched Will Darbyshire's new video which is entitled 'The Now'. Before I go on about his video, I would love to just give him a shout out to you wonderful people reading this post. His videos are always insightful and he just talks about a topic that has struck him and inspired him and I honestly think that the honesty and passion and drive with which he talks makes his videos completely and utterly awesome. On the upside too, they're never all that long, roughly around 3 minutes long so do check out his channel here :)

So his video (which is linked above) was talking about how important it is to live in 'The Now' and it's something I personally feel is important for us all to actively do. As I mentioned in a post previously, this coming September is probably the most daunting thing that I'm facing at the moment in my life. And yet, for me, before September lies two months in which I can have the time of my life. What I want to challenge myself and anyone else who's reading and has got the whole summer ahead of them, is to try and do something new or try and push yourself and make the most of everyday that comes at you.

For me, yesterday I went skateboarding with my best mate Chloƫ and then got on and did work and that for me was awesome because the more and more time I get to spend with her, the more I appreciate how absolutely blessed I am to have her in my life and the more time I want to spend with her this summer because a) being able to try (and unfortunately fail) at skateboarding with your bestie is probably the best way to do it and b) I've had so few awesome memories with her the past summers that I wish I could do more with her this summer.

Also, it feels like from now onwards, there's going to be more and more that's going to separate me from my friends, whether that just be the fact we go on to do different things in the future or even just from the onset in September when we start doing different subjects. Point being, I don't want to be afraid to create memories with people who make me happy and that is something I want to change from here on out :)

So what do you guys want to get from the present? What kind of new things do you want to experience? Is it something from the comfort of your own bedroom (don't get me wrong, a lot of my summer will be spent there too) or will you try something even more challenging? :o

I'll speak to you guys soon and thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment