Wednesday 9 July 2014

Connor Franta, Changes, Identity

Hello guys! I hope that you're all well!

So on Monday, all of you O2L/Connor Franta fans will know that Connor released his last video for O2L onto YouTube. For me, I think it affected me more than I thought it would despite the fact Connor was the main person I personally would watch on O2L. The reason I thought it would affect me less was because the other guys are still absolutely phenomenal people and I'm sure they'll go on fine without Connor but I think the main thing that struck me hard was just how raw and just plain sad Connor appeared in the video.
I think it just goes to prove that we really don't see enough of a person to get to know them.

For me, the one thing I wanted to take from this and present to you guys was the fact that, of course, change is inevitable but the point I wanted to make was that you don't have to be tied down to something. You don't have to have something define you as a person. You're still yourself even if you're not affiliated to that thing and you're still you, an amazing person without your YouTube addiction or your music taste, or in Connor's case, being a member of O2L.

Point being, we all change in who we are and that is ultimately inevitable but who you choose to become and how you decide to go forward is what will define you for who you are, not necessarily what people see of you but what you think of and see for yourself :)

I just wanted to add before I close, it's important for all YouTube fans to accept change though I think for many of us it is probably harder than any other change we have to experience simply because of the fact we get used to seeing the same persona for months and even years straight. When that changes, it can be the weirdest most odd experience and I think that's what really shook me seeing Connor's video yesterday.

If you want to see the video, click here. For those who don't know Connor, his videos are awesome and he'll still be posting on this main channel which you can find here!

I hope that you have a wonderful day and week and all and I'll speak to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment