Wednesday 17 September 2014

Lessons I've learned from work

Hey guys!

So, last Saturday, after two weeks away from work, I returned, tired from school but still rearing to go. Nice one Zainab, nice one.

It was a tiring day but it was definitely rewarding because I feel like the shop that I work at, though it's small, receives some of the nicest and most interesting people off of the planet and they make my day so much more wonderful.

It's especially wonderful to hear people with different accents because, as you guys may or may not know, I absolutely love accents and being able to just fangirl on the inside when someone talks is just wonderful. I've heard Australian accents and South African accents and Scottish accents and Spanish accents and Italian accents and German accents, all from the most lovely of people and honestly, if you like me have a ginormous appreciation for different accents, you like me, would be in heaven.

It's especially great because I live in a really small town and that means that on the outside, it doesn't look like we have much racial diversity but when you look closer and learn more about the people, you can come to really adore where everyone comes from and what that means about what kind of people they are. A lot of people are wonderful and not stuck up like a lot of people become the closer you get to London.

I'm not really sure what this post is meant to be aha, but I really feel like, though my work is really tiring, it gives me my biggest boost in faith in humanity because a lot of the people look wealthy and you can tell that by the money they're willing to spend or the cars that they drive. For some of them, it makes them as nice as hell and I guess that's because they want to meet people who are genuine and not people who are just being friendly with them because of their money. Other wealthy people can be quite stuck up and it's not the nicest thing to see but I guess you can't have everything in a person.

You also have the other end of the scale where people feel like they can't pay for our services and end up scrounging around for a deal and sometimes it can make you feel quite bad but sometimes it feels quite rude, especially when they know what quality you're providing them with. The shop I work at is really quite reasonable and it feels like people try and undermine the kindness of my boss without good reason and it's horrid to see.

I hope that you guys thought something of this post. Feel free to leave those thoughts in the comments below and I hope to speak to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment