Saturday 13 September 2014

Appreciating Everything

Hey guys!

One thing I realised within myself definitely was the fact that I don't actually appreciate everything that comes my way and I always pray for it to be perfect, when, in fact, I'm incredibly lucky to be in the position that I am.

I feel like that comes with the fact that we know that we're lucky but then it's case of maintaining and raising where you stand in the world and that means that anything that can take you on your way is something that becomes more of a necessity rather than a luxury.

For example, a few months ago I got a new laptop but unfortunately, it didn't have Microsoft Office downloaded on it. It did have a package called Libre Office on it which did the job for a little while but then I honestly felt kind of trapped by it. I didn't know how to do more than the basic things and I didn't like the fact that I didn't have the same control over what my work looked like like I would've done if I had Microsoft Word to play with.

This also shows that the culture we live in also expresses a sort of dislike for change and a dislike for discomfort which is really unfortunate because of the fact millions and billions of people face discomfort every single day. It shows that we only feel comfort when we control as many aspects of our lives as we can and it can be quite detrimental wanting to do that because there are many things that we can't control in life.

However, especially living in the privileged position that we do, it does seem rather wrong to not make sure that we take as much advantage of it as we can and this shows the main predicament the modern human being faces - you've got to keep living and keep moving forward but you've also got to look at the head start that you've got that all of those people don't have - and don't forget it.

I hope that you guys enjoyed this post! Please leave your thoughts in the comments below freely and I hope to speak to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment