Wednesday 15 October 2014

'That's okay' - what?

Hey guys! I hope that you've all been fine and dandy since I last spoke to you!

This was a topic that really has bugged me for a while and I'm pretty sure anyone who feels guilty about small things or relatively small things they do wrong probably understands where I'm coming from.

Most people know the feeling - you do something small wrong or you forget to do something - and you instantly feel bad but then whoever it'll affect or whoever you expect to perhaps blow your head off goes on and says 'No, it's okay' with a smile and continues on.

This confuses me so much. Whatever I did wasn't okay otherwise I wouldn't have bad for doing it! Why on earth should it be okay with you for me not to do what I'm supposed to do? How is that okay at all?
I feel like it's more confusing when the person says that's what they expect of you - how do you do the thing when you can't do it anymore? How do you rid yourself of the guilt of knowing that someone is trying to make you feel better when it's your inadequacy that probably means they have more work to do because of you? How can that ever be okay?

This for me is generally most confusing because it's never followed by an explanation. For example, if the other person thinks you have a genuine reason for not having done the thing like because you've had a lot of work or because you've been focusing on other parts of your responsibilities. That's only really cuts it when you can agree with them but how can you move on knowing that you could've done the thing but didn't really want to?

I may be making no sense whatsoever to some of you but I guess it bugs me when I don't learn from my mistakes and try and grow and move on from my laziness. If any of you guys can empathise with me in any shape or form, it would be so great to hear from you in the comments! Even if you don't please tell me why, I'd love to hear why!

Thank you so much for reading, I can't tell you how much it means to me! Have an awesome week and I hope to speak to you soon! God Bless :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment