Saturday 18 October 2014

Greet yourself, shake hands and smile

Hey guys! I hope that you're all as well as can be!

'Greet yourself, shake hands and smile' - a thought that everyone has in some shape or form - what would it be like if you met yourself? I know that I'm quite a lot like the majority of people who've thought this - I'd probably hate and annoy myself beyond belief.

Despite this fact, there are a ton of merits you can get from meeting yourself from an outsider's perspective and that's something I've learnt myself.

A time ago, for an hour or so, I went through a little mental phase where I thought that morally, I couldn't improve on anything at all - for a little while, I was deluded that I was somewhat perfect - in other words, I couldn't think of anything I could do to make myself better and sure, I may be a decent human being that most people deserve to be greeted by when they meet a new person but by no means am I perfect. Looking back on that now, I don't understand where I ever could've thought that. Mental, I know.

This led me to realise that there are a ton of things we can all do to make ourselves better and many of them are small which may have led to my delusion; we so very often disregard the small things we don't do that we become satisfied with just having not done anything big wrong. There can be something very big wrong too if you don't do the small thing right before even considering anything bigger you can do.

There are many things that we can do that can make us better people and we shouldn't be content with thinking that small things don't make a difference and don't make us better people - I've said it before and I'll say it again, I try believe that it's the small things that count and sometimes it's the good things that other people do that remind me to be nicer and kinder and that can make a difference, knowing that you've consciously made the decision to become better.

I hope that you guys enjoyed this post! As always, please feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments below, I do love to hear them, and I'll hopefully speak to you soon! God Bless!x

No comments:

Post a Comment