Monday 25 August 2014

Results Day - Realities and What Happened To Me

Hey guys! I hope that you're all fine and dandy and that if you collected your results in the past two weeks that you got the results that you wanted!

So, for me, it was my GCSE year this year and I went to collect my results last Thursday which is the day that this is being written. I feel like I may have told you guys this before but I want to do Medicine at university and it goes without saying that you need top marks for that. So when I say I didn't get the grades I wanted, I got some A's and not A*'s, it's not me being ungrateful, no, not at all! It's me saying that my dream may be crumbling and that some of those A's really could've been A*'s!

I was writing this post to tell you guys all about my problems but honestly, I feel like I've inflicted my own personal misery on too many people! So instead, I'm going to list all the things I'm proud of myself for, for my results! Please join in in the comments so we can share the joy and not dwell on the despair!

Okay, here goes!

  1. For the four subjects I'm taking next year I got 2 A's and 2 A*'s - isn't that great groundwork? :D It's making me especially ready and rearing to go so I can smash A Levels :D
  2. For History which was one of my A*'s I got 100% on two of the papers. I was a wreck before those papers because unlike many of the subjects, you have to know exact facts because almost nothing is given to you and you can't just rely on what they've given you so I'm so happy that I actually managed to do well in those exams!
  3. In my English Lit where I also got an A, the only thing that stopped me from getting an A* was my hatred for poetry and my really bad teacher. 3/4 texts I actually got an A* but I got a C in my poetry so if you discount the poetry, I actually did pretty well! I have no idea how I'm writing this, please don't judge me!
  4. I got an A* in Physics which is my worst science! Get in there!
  5. Despite the fact I got an A in my RE which was one of my best subjects (I did get an A* in the mock) I actually got full marks on the module I usually drop the most in? I don't know how that works but hell, maybe that's an achievement in itself!
  6. I also got an A* in French which I'm taking next year and I'm so excited for it and yayayayay!
I really hope that you guys can understand where I'm coming from and that you can please listen to me objectively. It's very easy on the internet to get hate for 'not being appreciative' but it's like anything that you dream about, no matter what you want to become. If you don't do well enough in any sort of test, you're bound to feel low but often, whatever happened, happened for good reason.

I hope to speak to you guys soon, Take Care and be proud of how far you've come and right now, don't worry about how far there is left to go, just stand and appreciate the moment, on top of that mountain :D

No comments:

Post a Comment