Wednesday 6 August 2014

Fifth on the List - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Hey guys!


This is one of the older illustrations and I do love the
expressions that the characters have as well as their
up turned noses!
I thought, as I hadn't really updated you on what I've been reading recently, it was time for it to have a comeback, mwahahahaha, okay, not so evil but here's what I thought of Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

I absolutely loved the book, simply because of the fact that it could both simultaneously make no sense whatsoever and still make any sense at all! What I really loved about the book was the fluidity of everything and the literal and nonliteral sense of everything that you read. For example, there's a character called the Mock Turtle and the reason why he doesn't stop crying is because he isn't a real turtle anymore. Once you see it that way, his name makes perfect sense but he still acts like a normal turtle and that's why it's so startling!

I also love the way the Cheshire Cat is almost Alice's friend throughout the novel when he pops in and out and eventually almost gets captured by the King and the Queen of Cards whilst the Queen can't decide whether she can actually get his head chopped off or not because he infamously disappears before she can work out whether he actually has a neck or not.

This is a very short book review, I must say, but that's mainly because I don't want to spoil the fun! Please, if you're a fan of classics and want a laugh or a bit of a queer read shall I say, then please do go ahead and give it a read! It's wonderfully brilliant and silly and I have to say that's why I love old classic children's books, especially like those by Enid Blyton because they have magic and it's wonderful!

I do hope that you guys liked this post! If you did or didn't please leave your thoughts in the comments below and I look forward to reading them! Have a wonderful rest of the week and I'll speak to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment