Saturday 2 August 2014

A New Series: Inspirational People #1

Hey guys, I do hope that you're all well and ready for an awesome weekend ahead!

I wanted to start this series in my blog because I feel like I have a lot of people who directly and indirectly inspire me in my life and I wanted to share that inspiration with you. Yes, many of those people are YouTubers but the beauty about YouTubers is that they're just average human beings and I generally only watch vloggers so I am inspired by their everyday lives, some of which run much like my life, or yours.

So, let's get started! Today I'd like to talk to you about Jackson and Finn Harries.

Jack has been a ginormous inspiration in my life ever since I started watching his videos with his brother Finn last summer. Their channel was originally meant to document Jack on his gap year but when he didn't get the right grades and had to spend another year in school retaking, it meant that his videos became a bit more personal.

Jack inspires me because he got up and kept going and managed to share all of the fun stuff along the way. Him and his brother have done a few amazing projects and have travelled to many awesome places such as Ibiza, New York, South Africa, Thailand, Orlando, California, Rome just to name a few! The fact that they both have such similar and yet different personalities makes their videos really cool to watch.

Another type of video that they do is just crazy wacky more England based stuff. To name a few, they made
a ball pit out of their bedroom, Jack and Sam Pepper went unicycling in shopping centres, Jack went street surfing where you basically almost water surf but imagine the boat is a car and the surfboard is in fact, a skate board. They're just hilarious to watch!

Another reason I am inspired by Jack is the way he puts his videos together. One of my favourites has to be his video 'Alone in an Office' which I just love, it's so much fun and just the amount of their friends they get involved really makes everything so much bigger and so much more enjoyable. They recently organised a trip to Ibiza with many of their friends to celebrate their 21st Birthday and it just makes you so happy knowing that someone out there can make other people happy too.

That leads me onto a final point about the Rickshaw Run which Jack and Finn did with a few other people, some who've featured on this blog before, others not. If they have somewhere they can be checked out, their links will be included! So it was, Louis Cole (aka FunForLouis), Will Darbyshire, Ben Brown, Harry Crowder and Max Cantellow. They trekked right across the width of India in three Rickshaws and raised over $170,000 for the Teenage Cancer Trust. That is just amazing and it shows that you should always try and do things for good reasons and plus, the experience! The link to watch their Rickshaw Adventure is here and the link to watch Louis' daily vlogging of their adventure is here. It was amazing how it was both an adventure and something that was really contributing to a worthy cause and that was amazing.

On top of all of this stuff, they run an awesome blog here which you might love to read now and then, the articles are pretty phenomenal and on a variety of awesome and arty subjects!

I hope that you guys like this style of post! If you do or don't, leave your thoughts as always in the comments below and I hope to speak to you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment