Thursday 26 June 2014

A Slap in the Face: The Reality of War

Hey guys! Today's post is feeling a bit more morose, I guess you could say, than the posts I've been writing over the past week or so. I felt like with more reading, I escaped reality a bit too much for my own good, so I decided to write a post about something that feels like it's coming closer and closer to home: war.

You don't have to be all over media to know that war is something that is threatening many innocent people's lives on a day to day basis. I just hate knowing that innocent people happily fled their homes in the thousands and hundred of thousands because of threats made upon their lives by people who don't know them nor want to try and know them. Half a million people were displaced by the ISAS in Iraq, simply because they thought that leaving everything that they had and escaping with their lives was the one thing that was right and that could guarantee their lives. No-one should have to live that way.

I'm not going to preach or shove statistics in your faces because you know where you can find those.
It just struck me that I'm incredibly grateful to be living in a place where I'm accepted for who I am, where people are quite free to express themselves and be who they want to be. I feel like that liberty is something we don't really have the right to take for granted and all I wanted to say to you today is that please, do something good with your life because there are so many people in the world today who have the potential to become amazing, brilliant and talented people, but cannot do so simply because of where they have been born in the world.

Please, don't take opportunities for granted, even in the part of the world where we live in, opportunities don't come often for everyone. Cherish what you have and remember those who don't. Do what you can to be a good person so less people lose days when they could be happy and grateful, to days where they're knocked by people close and by people who don't know them. Keep your perspective in life :)

I hope that you guys liked this post, however different it's been from my normal content :)
It was brought on by Jack Harries having his camera equipment stolen from him in Kenya at gunpoint and it really hit me that people will want to hurt you whether they know you or not, if they are driven to believe so.

I'll speak to you soon :) Take Care of yourselves :)




No comments:

Post a Comment