Friday 8 May 2015

Meditation, ASMR, the Big and the Small, All my mind today!

Hey guys! I hope that you're well!

Today my mind's full of what I believe to be very awesome stuff so I'm just going to spill it all out and I hope that you can take some value from it!

Recently enough, I started using headspace.com after the recommendation from Taylor (ItsRadishTime) during her VEDA videos and honestly, having Andy to be able to talk me through how to meditate and how to be a bystander in the traffic of your thoughts has been immense. I've learnt about how I can just not worry about the thoughts and just not focus on them and just simply be. It's much too awesome. When I'm writing this, I've just finished Day Four of the Take Ten program where you take ten minutes to meditate every day for ten days (not necessarily consecutively) and I end up finishing so refreshed. I've still a while to go to be able to apply that calm to more of my life but it's been the one thing that's really helped me learn what value meditating can have. The combination of the physical relaxation and awareness in order to combat the rush hour that can often be the contents of our minds is too awesome. You can get the app and also use it on your computer. I'd definitely recommend it!

Leading on from that, I really want to become better at just appreciating every single moment. I feel like I'm becoming better at being present but actually being with my being and leaving my mind and my ego behind is something I have yet to crack. To leave expectation, to leave despair, to leave all that the mind believes is true in order to just have the joy of being left. That's something! I honestly think I'd be able to benefit so much more from every day life as well as the relationships I have with people around me if I was able to just take things as they come. Living in the present and not in the future is so much easier said than done but I'm looking forward to the struggle and hopefully overcoming that barrier. Just leaving the noise of my mind behind in favour of silence.  Being able to appreciate the loud and the soft and not necessarily feel better or worse for whatever situation I find myself in but just being joyful because I'm being.

On to another little topic - ASMR - which Dodie did a video about yesterday. It's such an odd yet cool concept - how listening to someone whispering can give you tingles and just make you feel really warm and fuzzy. The science of it is something I have yet to understand but the fact that you don't have to necessarily have any rational stimuli to feel relaxed and calm is wonderful! I definitely want to find more people who do that sort of thing but here's her video if you want to give it a go!

I know I've already covered a lot this blog post but one final thing: I realised why quite often I feel almost envy/jealousy towards some of my friends and that's because I don't adopt a growth mindset in many situations. My ego leads me towards believing that the gap between us and our abilities is great and that what they can do is somehow unattainable. No Mr. Ego, that is not the case at all! Adopting a growth mindset opens so many doors to you because you realise that - and here comes one of my favourite things ever - with constant effort comes exponential growth. If you keep putting the work in and keep persevering and if you don't drop the ball, you can only move onwards and upwards. That's the only way you can go. The Only Way.

I hope that you guys enjoyed this post! It went all over the place but there have been so many stimuli in my life at the moment and so much inspiration that there are so many places I want to go and so much I want to achieve. The growth mindset, meditation and truly being in the present and not in the future or the past and persevering. That's what I'm aiming for! Have a great one and I'll speak to you very soon indeed!



No comments:

Post a Comment