Saturday 31 May 2014

Short Film Makers - Wow!

Hello guys!

So these past few days I feel like I've been bombarded on the internet by beautiful film makers from YouTube, which is of course one of the easiest places that you can be exposed to awesome stuff on the internet.

Specifically, I would like to touch on a couple of specific examples of awesome things that have struck me from this platform. So today, I was browsing through my subscriptions, as per usual, when I came across a new Sawyer Hartman 'Thru My Eyes' video set in a beautiful place called Kauai. For all of you guys who don't know Sawyer that well, he does a mix of videos, from your average tag videos with some awesome people that are genuinely hilarious, to short films like his new one called 'Welcome to Tokyo' which you can check out here. On top of that awesome content, he also does these videos called 'Thru My Eyes' videos which are set in absolutely beautiful places and they're basically a montage of shots, the majority of them slow motion, and they're absolutely stunning. The way that they've developed through the changes in equipment that he's been able to play around with over time has just made his work that much more exciting to watch and experience. The playlist of all of them is linked here. Just to put it in perspective, here's a snap of where his recent Thru My Eyes was filmed:



Sawyer's just one of those people whose work never fails to amaze and I would thoroughly recommend clicking on those links and taking a look for yourself, they're absolutely phenomenal.

Second of all, of course he's not the only one who's done short films and a small YouTuber I follow called RadHaggis also released his first short film which was pretty darned awesome for a first! Despite the fact for the many people who feel that people like Sawyer are unreachable in their awesomeness in film-making, Ewan just goes to prove that until you try, you'll never know. You can check out that video here
Finally, to top off the short films list for today, I haven't actually gotten around to watching Bertie Gilbert's short films though the trailers I've watched look absolutely phenomenal, which was another video I had the utmost pleasure of watching today, which you can experience here.

All in all, whether these YouTubers be big or small, or even medium sized, it just proves that if you try, you can really make some awesome content. I'm not a big artsy person myself though I'm sure, like any of us, if I really pushed myself to try something out, I could possibly end up with something I'm happy with - who knows?! :D

These really inspired me today and I'm sorry it's so, so long but I hope that you got the same enjoyment from watching these videos as I did - short films are brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment